It’s officially soup season and if you’re like most of our clients, you’re looking for easy (and tasty) recipes that will not only keep you on track with your nutrition, but also give you that comfort food appeal.
Chili is popular amongst our in-club trainers and nutrition coaches because of how easy it is to amp it up with plenty of protein per serving. It’s also super portable, easy to batch prep and cook (so you can have it for several meals) and is a perfect addition to your typical meal prep routine to change things up a bit and give it a seasonal flair.
3 Lower-Carb Chili Recipes for Fall
Turkey Pumpkin Chili
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
Servings: 4 | Calories: 350 | Fat: 9g | Carbs: 15g | Protein: 26
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 15-oz can pumpkin puree (unsweetened)
- 15-oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15-oz can red kidney beans
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Brown ground turkey over medium heat in large skillet or Dutch oven.
- Add in yellow onion, green & yellow peppers, and garlic and sauté 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, pumpkin puree, red kidney beans. Season with chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, and paprika (salt and pepper to taste).
- Reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes.
- Top with cilantro and/or jalapeno and enjoy!
White Chicken Chili
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 | Calories: 390 | Fat: 17g | Carbs: 25g | Protein: 29
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 16-oz. can coconut milk
- 15-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2–4.5-oz. cans diced green chilies
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil and add chicken, onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Stir occasionally until cooked through.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
Chunky Meat & Veggie Chili
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 | Calories: 400 | Fat: 14g | Carbs: 26g | Protein: 35
- 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 15-oz. can kidney beans
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium zucchinis, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- In large pot, brown ground beef and chopped garlic over medium heat until meat is cooked thoroughly.
- Add onion, carrots, and seasonings to skillet and cook over medium-high heat about 5-6 minutes. Next add zucchini and cook another 2 minutes, stirring well.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and beans to the pot and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Written by Flourish Staff
This article is not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations in this and other articles is at the choice and risk of the reader.