If you love beets, you will love this salad.
- 1 bunch beets, washed, trimmed, and greens saved for another use
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 box (5oz. clam-shell) Earthbound Farm’s herb lettuce blend
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp chopped dill or mint
Quarter the beets into bite sized chunks if they are small, and into eighths if large. Put them in a small saucepan and fill with enough water to steam them. Cover with lid and steam until tender, about 20-25 minutes…but check after 15! Drain beets and allow them to cool. For the dressing, mix together last six ingredients. Toss cooled beets, cucumber, and lettuce with dressing.
Join my e-course on Boosting Immunity now! Click below for details: