Calories in an omelette – Is your easy breakfast good for your weight loss plan?  |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- The day commences with a breakfast making it an important meal of the day
- Omelette is a popular breakfast option and is deemed to be extremely healthy as well
- Know about the average calories and nutrition facts present in an omelette
New Delhi: What could be better and cosy than starting your day with a cup of your favourite beverage and omelette for breakfast? Omelette is a popular dish made from eggs. The method of preparation involves beating the eggs up and frying it along with some oil or butter in a non-stick pan. It can be served individually or with a side dish. There are variations of omelette available across the country and it depends heavily on the method of preparation. Eggs are often referred to as superfoods. This characteristic makes omelette a healthy breakfast option. Here is what you must know about this popular breakfast dish.
Calories in an omelette
Assuming that the ingredients used to prepare the omelette are used in moderation and include eggs, salt and butter, the average amount of calories present in an omelette (120 g) is around 220 calories.
Nutrition facts of an omelette
The nutrition facts of an omelette (120 g) are listed below:
|Dietary fibres||0.1 g|
How much are 220 calories?
220 calories are comparatively easier to burn. You can burn 220 calories in the following ways:
- Jumping rope for 20 minutes.
- Cycling for 35 minutes.
- Jogging for 30 minutes.
Is omelette healthy and appropriate for your weight loss plan?
Eggs are brilliant foods due to their nutritional values and health benefits. They are often consumed as breakfast in forms of omelettes and scrambled eggs. They are a rich source of protein. But it all boils down to the question of whether or not eggs are apt for weight loss.
The answer is, yes. Eggs, apart from offering immense health benefits, can also help with weight loss. Here is why:
- Consumption of eggs can make one feel full as they are rich in protein. This reduces the urge of consumption of more, unnecessary calories.
- Eggs can boost metabolism, which can eventually lead to the burning of additional calories.
- Eggs are easily available and are easy to inculcate in the diet.
Eggs are healthy superfoods that have low average calorie count if consumed in moderation. Furthermore, eggs can contribute positively to the weight loss plan.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.