Made from fresh blueberries, drinking blueberry juice has a lot of benefits to your health. drinking the beverage can provide several health and beauty benefits. Blueberries are potent with antioxidants and so blueberry juice too carries antioxidant properties. You also get a lot of nutrients like vitamins and minerals in one glass of juice. It is also believed that blueberries can boost weight loss, help prevent Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, boost heart health and ward off other illnesses.
In general, eating whole fruit is considered to be healthier than drinking fruit juice. But you do gain some health benefits when you drink blueberry juice. Here is a simple recipe to make Blueberry juice:
• 1 cup fresh blueberries
• 1 cup water
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1-2 tablespoons sugar
Steps to make the juice:
• Firstly, rinse the berries in clean water couple of times
• Now soak them in clean water or white vinegar for 15-20 mins so that they get rid of pesticides they possibly contain
• Later rinse again in water and then add the blueberries in a blender jar or a mixer
• Add 1 to 2 tablespoons unrefined cane sugar (you can also substitute sugar with sweetener)
• Add 1 cup water
• Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
• Blend till super smooth.
• Finally, pour in glasses and serve to drink (You can also add ice cubes to get a chilled taste before serving)