Over the past decade, there has been a flood of studies supporting the supreme importance of optimal sleep for weight control. It appears that inadequate sleep can lead to weight gain through a host of separate mechanisms that affect both the energy intake and the energy expenditure side of the body weight equation. In summery of recent study findings – sleep deprivation has been shown to:
- Boost the levels of appetite-stimulating hormones
- Reduce the levels of appetite-quieting hormones
- Reduce metabolic rate (calories burned at rest)
- Reduce physical activity levels
- Impair brain function such that making healthy food choices is compromised
- Increase the activity of obesity-related genes
Bottom line – if you want to control your weight, get your sleep!
Click the image below for details about my brand-new Master Class!
Enrollment opens Monday.
Seats are limited!